Indian Superfood Makhana can be used in a very rich recipe called Matar Makhana Malai. Next time when guests come over try this recipe and believe us, they will be licking their fingers and shower you with praises.
- Onion – 1 Large
- Garlic – 4 Cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch pc.
- Green chillies – 4
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Yogurt – 1 tbsp.
- Makhana/Fox Nuts: 2 Cups.
- Desi Ghee: 1tbsp.
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
- Cardamom – 3
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Frozen or green peas – 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasuri Methi – 1tbsp.
- Grind Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies, Cashews, Yogurt into a smooth paste.
- In a pan, dry roast the makhana till crisp. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat ghee. Fry the cumin and cardamom briefly.
- Add in the ground paste and saute till oil appears on the top.
- Add in the frozen or green peas, roasted makhana, milk and cream and whisk well. Add 1/2 cup of water if you need more gravy. Add salt.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes. Crush in the kasuri methi and mix well. Switch off and serve with rice or roti!