Makhanas taste great with anything. This is a perfect recipe to serve your guests. It adds a perfect twist to the traditional aloo tikki and is much healthier.
- Medium potatoes – 2 cooked and mashed
- Fox nuts – 1 cup
- Green peppers – 2, finely chopped
- Roasted peanuts- 2 tablespoons, roughly crushed
- Coriander leaves — handful, finely chopped
- Fennel seed powder — 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder — 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala — 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil — 2–3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast foxnuts in ghee until they are crisp. Grind them coarsely.
- Put the coarsely ground Makhanas, mashed potatoes, and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well. Adjust the salt and spices to your taste.
- Make round or oval patties. Shallow fry in a non-stick pan or bake in an oven, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or pudina chutney.